Sunday, June 30, 2013

tHER

tHER
by Daniel Macrohon
this life is a little bit colder than it
used to be since she left.
whats there to keep warm when
her marks are long gone, senseless and full of meaningless
what more should i expect when the worst has come?
do i follow the breeze as it takes me to another
or stay under the heat while under the slab of ice
shine something on me to make things a little bit brigh
tHer


I dont remember when i wrote this. Maybe 2009 - 2010. Laughing at my works. I remember posting most of my poems online. Multiply, i think, and now that site's long gone.

Poems, for me, usually came in a stanza and every last word should rhyme with the previous line. That changed when I reached grade 6 or high school. I began developing my style of writing during 3rd year high school after discovering the freedom of 'free form' poems and the different forms of poetry. I would regularly make short poems for the Friday English requirements at school. After a while, it became my past time. I would get pages or clean sheets, write everything that goes through my mind, and hope that i don't make a mistake writing. Since, i didn't like making erasures, i just had to find a way to fix errors, and include it in the composition, something that was quite challenging. Even stray lines needed to be considered; otherwise it would be subject to page tearing.

I entered college, no longer writing things of pure emotions and reason. Now that i have the time, i might pick up from where i left ( or go way back to the basics) and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment