Sunday, October 6, 2013

Happy Times Double_back


(was supposed to post this last year, probably the same time)

What I learned from some of my advisers, moderators and teachers.

and some memories.

AAM
T. Lourdes (Adviser - Sibika) - it's important to be competitive, against yourself and others. Support from your moderator is really great as it motivates you to beat the other class! At that time, I had a rival in the other class. We always were on a 1-2 streak; him being top of the batch.

T. Amy (Prep Adviser - Grade 1 Science) - discipline is best inculcated at a young age. I always cut my nails after a year with her!

S. Martin (G6 Adviser - Science) - courting is preparation for marriage. How to use a microscope properly! He probably also inspired me to be a biologist (one of the people). One of the teachers who I considered a good friend!

T. Kristina (Grade 6 - English) - earn you grades, the value of knowledge over grades. The scenario was: "You automatically get 90 on your card, or you go to class and get whatever mark."

A salute to all the teachers in the Philippines! A snappier salute for those who became part of my life!

A salute to all the teachers in the Philippines. A snappier salute to those who were part of my life!


AHS
Mr. Capinding ( 1st Year Moderator - Filipino) - give it your all, "lundagin mo beybe!". My first moderator during my stay in Ateneo.

Mr. Dizon (2nd Year Moderator - Math) - always reward yourself "bumili ka ng sundae". The time where i loved numbers, the grades loved me as well!

Mr. Santos (3rd Year Moderator - Araling Panlipunan) - don't do the unecessary "ano connect nun?". May ginawa ako na hindi ko mabigyan ng rason, at siguro hindi ko na rin pinandigan.

Mrs. Sacluti (4th Year Moderator - Math) - be responsible and be ready to face any consequence "magkaroon kayo ng bayag!"

Mr. Villena (3rd Year Filipino) - learn to accept criticism,"GAGO ka pala e"

Mr. Nolasco (4th Science - Physics) - be prepared or "get-out"

Ms. De Mesa (2nd Year Science - Biology) - My best inspiration to becoming a biologist (no relation yet to Medicine), and the first subject where i got an A!

Mr. Falgui (1st Year English) - don't lose hope. First year high school, i got the only failing mark in high school, a D (69 and below) in English. Kaya siguro hindi solid yung syntax-grammar ko, pati din naman pala sa Tagalog. Nakabawi naman ako sa sumunod na trimester, C+. 


Mr. Pavia (3rd Year Christian Living Ed) - everything morally right about me, and to read the book at least four times!

UP

Mr. Agpawan (Philo- Logic) - examine the logic and make sure that you know your choices!

Mrs. Jacinto (Animal Dev Bio) - learn to articulate your thoughts, study well, think critically! Hands down, the best teacher or the best one in the Institute of Biology. I loved the course (meaning the subject), and it was the only one that I studied my arse off!

Mrs. Apilado (Kasaysayan) - be a good student, and do not sleep in class!

Mrs. Cao (Cell Bio) - if you have to sleep in class, be sure that you know the lesson and you could answer questions in class. I was sleeping in one of her classes, then i heard this while I was freely sleeping at the back of the room: "Mr Macrohon, do you know/have an answer to the question?" Me: "No, ma'am". After a while, she asked another question and I threw the correct answer like a boss :)

Ms. Gonzales (Biology Fundamentals and Ecology) - always have an answer and know what you are doing!

Mr. Yago (General Chem) - something about credibility and responsibility of students

Mr. Garcia (Geography) - the concept of personal space and places of despair

Mr. Solis (Physics Lab) - naghihintay ang NAGMAMAHAL!

Mr. Garcia (Animal Physiology) - another good lecturer, the best in Bio too. He had this way of teaching concepts and the pace and voice was just right..pero minsan natutulog ako. This was the time that I wished that he taught other subjects.

Mr. Hernandez, Mr, Suiza, Mr. Tan-Tian (Engineering Science) - madami pero halos naging part-time manners class yung ES 10. Valuing yourself, spirit of Christmas, concept of gifts, character building stories and tips, etc.


Actually marami pang guro at mga tinuro sakin (bukod siyempre sa panahon sa academic classes at moderator's time). I wasn't able to place all, but surely I learned something from every subject i took! Hehe. Sana walang magtampo.

No comments:

Post a Comment