Thursday, April 10, 2014

If you don't see this

There's a point where I'll tell you that I chose to hit the books and the keyboard rather than the opposite sex.

If there's regret,  I don't think about it that much. When I look back from today, there was definitely time to meet and greet. I was happy with my high school days.

I met a girl during my review classes for UPCAT. Chance and my choice to pick an uninhabited row lead to us being seatmates. My SOP was to just reply to any conversation, from a guy, girl or the teacher in front. I focused well on the review and new lessons, while paying attention to let those small talks not slip by.

There was this torpe cycle:
- Here's a topic
- Think of a good opening
- Prepare initial response to her reply
- Do I speak now
- Now?
- Let it pass

The good thing about my behavior was that I didn't really avoid or turn down any opportunity. We spent lunch together, often talking during breaks and discussing in between topics. I got to know more about someone else and probably a little about me. Sometimes you go out of your way in order to be prepared. Have a jacket, have your pad paper nearby or bring something to share.

 During that review, I guess I learned not to be afraid. I got her number before the series ended. Either I asked or she gave it. Both are fine. It was a poker all-in situation whenever I wanted to initiate a conversation by text. "Press that SEND!" There's this big pressure that suddenly dissipates when you the message go. Another cycles takes place when you hear your message tone.
Of course there was a point that I liked her, but never dwelt too much on that. So the story ends quick.

We still get to have those hi-hello talks, we still get greet each other during birth anniversaries and send congratulations when it was appropriate. If there's regret, this isn't the story about it. One day, you just hope that you meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment