Friday, April 18, 2014

Going blue

I was a level 10 asshole back in the days.

I found myself leaving an alma mater, off towards high school at Loyola Heights. I left my family house down South, far from my childhood memories and friends. Obviously, it wasn't that easy. I found a difficult time settling down in our new home, and there was a short time wherein the basics weren't accessible.

I think I had no true values when I entered high school. My parents, relative and school may have taught and instilled values and principles, but I had none that I had realized and lived on my own. All I brought with me was the claim that I was smart. Just that. If I had a boastful mouth, it was most likely zipped by my overwhelming natural shyness.

It holds true that I'm not the smartest person in all circles. When exam scores are announced on the first week, I would know. It goes for Ateneo and UP.

I lacked character when I was a high school freshman. I would openly brag about my status (being enrolled in) in a big school. I mocked my former classmates and thought that I was better than them in the fields where I was strong. I was telling myself and everyone that I made a great choice. Unfortunately, I cannot look back into history since my YM profile has long been deleted. I do not remember how I steered conversations and what reactions I made and received. That was a low point in my life.

My stay made me more humble, more human. I believed I did not carry the shameful attitude as I moved on to a new sophomore section. I realized on my own that I made a douche move. This was the account that I shared during my fourth year retreat, and I asked the Lord for forgiveness right after. Once again, I let my shyness overpower the just action to apologize for my wrong doings, personally or even by any means.

I remained humble, kept a low profile when I entered college. I knew for a fact that I barely got a strong hold inside UP. I carried personal values that I deemed important and essential for being a good person. If I had anything to say against someone, I'd double think If I should spill and let the person hear. So, i prefer keeping my mouth shut when the tides come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment